Sometimes, making mealtime fun for a toddler, makes all the difference. So when you find yourself in a breakfast rut, or your child is being incredibly picky, lighten everyone’s mood with these cute bear waffles!
This simple idea is so quick and effortless. All you need is a toasted Eggo waffle, a little bit of peanut butter (to hold everything together), three slices of banana, and three blueberries…and you’ve got a breakfast that will bring a smile to your toddler’s face and brighten their day!
- Spread a thin layer of peanut butter on your toasted waffle.
- Using two of the banana slices, add ears.
- Use two of the blueberries for the eyes.
- Place the final banana slice, along with the final blueberry (perched on top of the banana) to create the nose.
- Bask in your toddler’s praise and gratitude!
This idea is really quite versatile. I initially came across this cute bear creation (using toast instead of a waffle) on Beckerman Blog (http://beckermanbiteplate.blogspot.com/2013/08/diy-breakfast-food.html). Either one works just as well – my daughter is not a big fan of toast these days…so, I decided to change it up and use a waffle instead. You could add a bear face to an English muffin, pancakes…heck, you could even create a bear bagel using cream cheese instead of peanut butter! There are so many options. Just have fun with it, and get creative – your toddler will greatly appreciate it!