Valentine’s Day is tomorrow! Over the years, I’ve discovered that my loved ones truly enjoy a homemade, Valentine’s Day treat…especially if it includes chocolate (or sprinkles). Last year, I made these delicious Baked Valentine’s Day Donuts! So, this year I chose to skip the sprinkles (and double down on the chocolate) with a batch of these super soft, and delightfully decadent, M&M Chocolate Chip Valentine’s Day Cookies!
These cookies are an instant success. They are thick, gooey, and packed with chocolate! The cookies that dreams are made of. 🙂 And the Valentine’s Day M&M’s add the perfect touch of holiday color! I count myself lucky that I stumbled across this incredible recipe, posted by Averie, over at Averie Cooks! Feel free to follow the link directly to Averie’s post, or keep scrolling to find the recipe below.
* Note: The following recipe belongs to Averie (at Averie Cooks), and is by no means my own personal recipe…though it is one that now resides in my book of favorites!
M&M Chocolate Chip Valentine’s Day Cookies
- 3/4 Cup Butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- Pinch of Salt
- 3/4 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 Cup Milk Chocolate Valentine’s Day M&M’s (for the dough)
- 1/2 Cup Milk Chocolate Valentine’s Day M&M’s (for the tops of the cookies)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (fitted with the paddle attachment), add the softened butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Beat on medium-high for approximately 4 minutes (scraping down the sides, as necessary). Mix until ingredients are thoroughly combined and creamy.
- Add the flour, instant vanilla pudding mix, baking soda, and salt. Mix on low speed until just combined (scraping down the sides of the bowl, as necessary).
- Add the chocolate chips, along with the 3/4-cup of M&M’s. Beat on low until fully incorporated.
- Scoop approximately 1/4-cup of dough into your hands, and roll into a ball. Place the balls of dough on a parchment paper-lined tray, and flatten each ball slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Add approximately 1 Tbsp. M&M’s to the top of each dough mound, pressing firmly.
- Transfer the tray to the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, to chill the dough.
- When the dough is chilled and you’re ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, and place dough mounds on the cookie sheet (spacing 2″ apart).
- Bake for 11 minutes, or until the edges have set and the tops are almost set…even if they look slightly under-cooked or glossy in the center.
- Allow the cookies to cool directly on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes, before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cookies will last for several days, if stored in an airtight container.
Nothing says Happy Valentine’s Day like a warm, gooey, M&M chocolate chip cookie!
HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!